Macular Degeneration Doctors at Somerset Eye Care
Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is a common condition that can threaten your vision and quality of life, but the professional team at Somerset Eye Care is here to help! We have advanced AMD diagnostic equipment and a compassionate team of macular degeneration doctors that will customize an AMD treatment plan for each patient’s own unique needs.
What Is AMD?
What Causes AMD?
There are a few factors that can increase your risk for developing age-related macular degeneration, including:
- Family history and genetics
- Certain races, ethnicities, and genders
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Cardiovascular disease
- Prolonged sunlight exposure
What Are the Potential Signs of AMD?
AMD has a number of indicators, but you may not notice you have it until vision loss has already occurred. If you notice any of the following symptoms or problems, schedule an eye exam with your eye doctor as soon as possible.
- Blurriness, particularly in your central vision
- Visual distortions, such as straight lines appearing curvy or wavy
- Issues seeing in low light
- Duller colors
- Increased dependence on brighter light for close up work
- Difficulty recognizing faces
- Blind spots in your field of vision
We Use Advanced Technology for AMD Treatment and Management
Why Choose Us?
Somerset Eye Care is your community’s source for AMD treatment, thanks to a combination of our dedicated team of macular degeneration doctors and cutting-edge technology. We’re here to help enrich the lives of the communities around us and believe in going above and beyond for our neighbors. Schedule an appointment today and see the difference Somerset Eye Care can make with effective AMD treatment.